The Infinity Top:
9 Ways to Wear Winter 2010-2011's hottest new style
Special thanks to our model, Janine Anderton for graciously demonstrating.
Click on the highlighted text to see photos.
I have a new figure eight top and matching tank top. The hang tag shows you three ways to wear it. I remember your article about the infinity scarf and wonder if there are more than three ways that I can use my new top?
The figure eight is the sign for infinity and yes there are infinite ways to use your top.
- First slip it over your head and put your arms in the sleeves. It will fall softly down the front and serve as a loose cardigan over your matching tank or over any other top.
- Secondly, reach down and take the front centre of your top up and place it behind your head. This will create a shrug.
- Thirdly, grasp the long draped part of your top front centre and this time twist it before you pull it back over your head. Your figure eight top will become a cowl neck top to wear on its own or under any jacket or vest.
- Fourth, hold your top behind you and put your arms in the sleeves. This will make a long double tiered back and short front cardigan. (Back)
- Fifth, place the top as in the first description over your tank or any other open neck top. Then pull the draped front that is hanging in front up to your neckline and tuck it into the front of your tank. This will make a draped asymmetrical top that will hang longer in the front and be quite dramatic. You can add a belt if your figure type is flattered by waist emphasis.
- Sixth, once again reach down and pull the long draped cowl up. This time twist it and pull the end over to one side and fasten with a broach. Belt or not as you wish.
- Seventh, step into your top with the back at the front and the cowl hanging behind you. If you wish to have a plunging open back view leave your back bare .You can control the openness with one interesting pin or by tying it wherever you wish for effect.
- Eighth, Repeat number seven, then pull the draped part up and around your shoulders to front centre, tie or pin in place and you will have a cape cover up for a later low back reveal or keep as is.
- Ninth, Start as in seven and this time pull the back cowl up onto your head to create a hoodie. Slip a cardigan or vest on and drop the hood if you wish.
Your Infinity top can be further transformed by using assorted underpinnings, scarves, shawls belts and pins. For additional clarity, I have placed pictures on my web site www.Marilyns.ca to show you the nine ways described above.
The variety of looks you create can take you from day to evening throughout the year. The possibilities are limitless. Enjoy your top, experiment to create different looks and know that there is no wrong way to wear it so long as you look good and are comfortable.