The Infinity Scarf:
12 Ways to Wear Your New Gift or Purchase
Click on the highlighted text to see photos.
What do you do with a scarf that is a 40 inch circle and has no ends to tie?
You are the owner of an Infinity Scarf and there are many ways to make use of it.
- COWL - Drop it over your head and let it fall. Then take it over your head a second time and you will have a cowl neck to frame your face.
- SHRUG - Place as in #1. Pull it down over your shoulders and use it as a shrug.
- TURTLE NECK - Keep your scarf double wrapped, then pull one loop close to your throat like a turtle neck and let the other loop fall easily.
- ASCOT - Fold your scarf in half, hold the loop and then place your scarf at the back of your neck and bring the end through the loop so it is ascotted.
- BOW - Keep your scarf folded in two and bring the ends forward, then tie them or fasten with a pin or elastic band. Step One Step Two Step Three
- HOOD - Place your scarf cowled as in #1, then pull the part of the scarf that is behind your head up so that it protects your ears and head. Add your jacket.
- COLLAR - Place your scarf as a hood (described in #6). Then slip on your coat and do it up. Then drop your scarf over the existing collar and enjoy the new effect.
- SIDE ACCENTS – Fold the scarf length wise in half keeping a thumb in each end of the scarf. Place the scarf behind your head and pull both ends forward. Pull one end thru the loop of the other end and pull tightly to either side. The asymmetrical affect is pleasing.
- BOLD NECK PIECE - Twist your scarf so that it is one tube, then slip one end through the looped end and leave or fasten so it stays. Slip over your head and use as a necklace.
- SHAWL/VEST - Drop your scarf over your head. Spread the upper part over your shoulders and let the rest fall long in front. Place a belt around your waist over your scarf. Spread your scarf to desired volume.
- HIP WRAP - Step into your scarf and then place over your hips. Tie it so it sits asymmetrically on your body. If your scarf expands in length easily, simply step into it double wrapped and place on your hips for a sarong or wide hip wrap effect. Secure with a pin if necessary.
- FLOUNCE - Hold your scarf at one end and slowly scrunch it up to fit in your fist. (More scrunching) Hold tightly and shake. Then place it behind your neck and let the flounces fall forward to each side and frame your face. This will work only on scarves that are fine and easy weaves. If your scarf does not stay put, use an elastic to keep together front and centre.
An oval scarf can easily be placed as a figure 8, the symbol for infinity. Let it inspire you to create infinite ways to wear it. There is no wrong way to use it so long as it looks good, feels comfortable and achieves your desired affect. I have posted photographs to demonstrate my dozen suggestions to get you started. The fabric weave and weight will play a part in what you can create with your infinity scarf.
Enjoy experimenting and achieve your best looks using your “Infinity Scarf”.